At Chesham Bois, the term 'Independent Creative Curriculum' defines our approach to learning and teaching. Our creative curriculum provides children with a wealth of opportunities to equip them with the skills to become independent and recognisable citizens who will continue their learning throughout their lives.
Our Creative Curriculum includes:
- Equipping children with skills for life through practical activities
- Making learning more meaningful and putting it into context
- Establishing cross curricular links to foster broader understanding
- Using a variety of teaching styles which accommodate the preferred learning styles of all children
- School trips/visits from outside agencies (History off the page)
Please find attached our school Humanities skills progression for Geography and History and our Humanities topic overview for more information.