Home School Agreement
Chesham Bois CE School
Our Home:School Agreement
We place the child at the centre of all we do. We welcome all children and families. Our work is driven and inspired by our Christian Values which are lived out on a daily basis by children and adults. Our caring, nurturing learning environment enables all children to achieve together.
“Let the little children come to me. Don’t stop them, because this kingdom of heaven belongs to children like these.”
Together we believe, achieve and care.
We believe that a close partnership between the school, parents and the child is essential to support our vision and live out our core values of; Love, Aspiration, Respect, Integrity, Thankfulness and Resilience. We therefore ask all parents to sign up to our Home:School Agreement.
The Responsibilities of the School
At Chesham Bois CE School we will:
- Provide a secure, happy and stimulating learning environment where our core Christian values lead our way.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which challenges your child to reach their potential, builds resilience and prepares them for the next stages of their education.
- Encourage your child to show love and respect for others and to abide by the school behaviour policy, ensuring a safe, caring environment for all.
- Provide you with a written report once a year and regular opportunities for you to see your child’s work and termly opportunities to discuss their progress with the teachers.
- Contact you if there is a problem concerning health, behaviour, attendance or punctuality.
- Set regular and appropriate homework for your child.
- Be open and welcoming and provide opportunities for you to become involved in the life of the school.
- Allow children safe and secure use of the Internet through a combination of site filtering, supervision and by fostering a responsible attitude in all pupils, in partnership with parents.
The Responsibilities of the Parents/Carers
All parents/carers will:
- Having chosen Chesham Bois CE School for your child, accept the school’s aims and Christian values, positively supporting the school.
- Recognise and encourage your child’s achievements.
- Treat all staff, governors and the wider school community, including our neighbours, with respect.
- Ensure that your child attends school regularly, arrives at school within the set drop off time (8:30 - 8:45am) wearing our school uniform and that they are properly equipped.
- Notify the school before 9.00am by telephone in the event of absence, stating the reasons for the absence.
- Arrange for the prompt collection of your child after school (3:15pm or following a school club 4:15pm).
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines on learning, behaviour and uniform, both in school and at home.
- Participate in parent/teacher meetings to discuss your child’s progress.
- Support your child with homework that is set, including reading.
- Keep us informed of how to contact you in case of emergency.
- Promptly inform the school of any concerns or problems that may affect your child’s learning, behaviour or happiness.
- Support school in the teaching of safe and secure Internet use at home.
- Not arrange holidays during term time.
The Responsibility of the Child
I will try my best to:
- Wear my school uniform with pride, remembering that I represent the school at all times.
- Come to school every day and be on time – unless I am very poorly.
- Be respectful towards others and behave in a safe and responsible way, taking care of the school and everyone’s property.
- Be resilient, work hard and be independent in my learning. Do all class work and homework as well as I can, asking questions when I don’t understand.
- Show CARE by making the right choices, appreciate and be thankful, reflect on my actions and the world around me and engage in my learning and opportunities.
- Act with integrity; being honest and thankful.
- Use the Internet safely; as I have been taught in class.
- Show love to others and have faith in myself.