Inclusion and SEND
CBS SEN Vision Statement
With Christian values at the heart of everything we do, inclusion and valuing the diversity of our community is central to what we do as a school. Everyone regardless of faith, ability, gender, ethnicity, background or circumstances is valued and nurtured, expected to become an independent learner and fulfil their potential through high attainment and personal achievement. We believe an education for all includes empowering children and celebrating success in all it’s forms beyond the confines of assessment and national benchmarks, hence our commitment to every child being on the journey of a CBS child, with individual achievements celebrated, valued by all, acknowledged by all in our community.
We are committed to making sure appropriate provision is in place for all children with additional needs, to remove barriers to their learning; so, they are enabled to reach their full potential, and are well prepared for the next stage in their education. We believe we can and do support children with SEND to thrive and be the best they can be, achieving both self-belief, positive wellbeing and academic success. We want to achieve this by;
- Having a challenging curriculum that acknowledges the needs of every child
- Placing the child and their interests at the centre of their learning journey
- Leveraging nurture, positive relationships and our CARE culture
- Working in partnership with parents
- Having the highest expectations of all children with SEND and maintaining a ‘keep pace with peers’ rather than ‘catch up with peers’ model of pre- and post- lesson intervention (scaffolding up rather than differentiating down).
SENDCo - Mrs K. Hassan
Inclusion Manager - Mrs C. Groves
Inclusion Governor - Mrs K. Wilson
The Inclusion Team can be contacted via email at email@example.com or
Ordinarily Available Provision
SEND Annual Information Report
Here are some resources shared by our parents of children with SEND. These resources have been very helpful to them and their families on their child's educational journey through school. If you have something you would like to include that has been particularly useful for you, please do email the school office.